Fill in the blanks with a, an, the where necessary. If you think none of these is needed, leave the blank empty.
1. A: Have you ever been to Budapest?
B: Yes, I think it’s prettiest city in Europe.
2. tallest man in world was born in U.S.A in 1918. His height was 2.72 m.
3. That’s beautiful sweater! Where did you buy it?
4. villages in this part of Greece are very picturesque.
5. clothes she bought last week were very cheap. Actually, there was sale in one of department stores in city centre.
6. Queen is going to visit Somerset next week to open new hospital in Chard.
7. French are very friendly people, aren’t they?
8. panda is a large mammal which lives in China. pandas have black and white fair and are in danger of extinction.
9. Smith family has booked holiday in Canary Islands for this summer.
10. The train was late yesterday and I had to wait on platform for over hour.